Islamabad-uns: Former military dictator Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf said on Sunday that he will face the courts in Benazir Bhutto assassination case in Pakistan after his health improves.
A statement was issued from the All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) secretariat, in which Musharraf stated that the recent decision by the court was not against him as the matter against him is still pending before the courts.
He termed American journalist Mark Seigel’s statement “meaningless” and said that his lawyers had already refuted the statement. He maintained that he was wrongly included in the case on a political basis.
He also said that his legal team was looking into the issue of his property’s seizure and his family or he will take appropriate legal action after consultation.
A joint investigation team implicated Musharraf in the case, saying that his government did not provide adequate security to the former prime minister despite her repeated requests.
Earlier this week, an anti-terrorism court (ATC) acquitted five Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) suspects and announced 17-year imprisonment for two police officials in the Benazir Bhutto murder case.
Apart from Musharraf, five other men – Baitullah Mehsud, Ahmad Gul, Iqramullah, Abdullah, and Faizullah – were also declared absconders.